VMware Workspace ONE Community
HighwaymanEd
Contributor
Contributor

Enrollment issue - App is pinned unpinning isn't allowed on this device

Hey guys,

We're setting up some Samsung S8's with Android 7 and Knox 2.8 with Device Owner mode enabled.

Enrollment goes well until the Secure part when prompted to install the Enterprise Service. When you tap continue the device presents an error: app is pinned unpinning isn't allowed on this device and the device is locked into this screen and cannot continue. Has anybody seen the issue and found a solution?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
RafaelVenegas
Contributor
Contributor

I am seeing the same issue with a Zebra TC70x OS 7.1.2. with Android for Enterprise.  Has have you resolved the issue?
0 Kudos
MarvP
Contributor
Contributor

Did you find a proper solution for this one? I have the same issue with the ' Launcher'  the device is locked in launcher mode, I can´t even close applications, because it says ' screen pinned'  unpinning is not allowed on this device' .
0 Kudos
GregRStar21
Contributor
Contributor

To fix this, you will need to add the system app used on the device for that specific function. You will need to add this on your launcher profile via Miscellaneous and add it to hidden apps.

For example, you need to enable phone calls. Samsung uses 3-4 system processes with their phone app.

com.android.phone
com.samsung.android.incallui
com.samsung.android.dialer
com.samsung.android.app.telephonyui

For your issue you will need to add

com.android.settings
0 Kudos
MarvP
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for your Tip Greg, but unfortunately I was not able to get the Status-bar to work with the Launcher and Android for Work 7. I already added com.android.settings and com.android.systemui. It is still an Improvement when I added the systemui because now the ' Overview Button'  is working now at least.
Any tips, which App I need to add to the Launchers hidden Apps in order to get the Statusbar / Notificationbar to work? (Systemui and Settings brings no help).
(Notice this is only in Android for Work the Case, Legacy Launcher is working with Statusbar)

Thanks
0 Kudos
MarvP
Contributor
Contributor

(With Overview Button I mean I can close apps now) 🙂 but still the statusbar is not working

0 Kudos
MarvP
Contributor
Contributor

This fixed my Problem with the statusbar / Notificationbar

<characteristic type=' com.airwatch.android.androidwork.launcher'  uuid=' 568bc89d-1df8-4ce9-a041-e5a24acdb7ec' >
<parm name=' SkipCosuSetup'  value=' True' />
<parm name=' AllowStatusBar'  value=' True'  />
<parm name=' AllowPowerOff'  value=' True'  />
<parm name=' AllowNotificationBar'  value=' True'  />
</characteristic>

0 Kudos