VMware Workspace ONE Community
Noordan
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Enrollment blocked with Samsung and android 11

Hi,

I have several customers that are experience issues with new enrollments of Samsung Devices that are delivered with or upgraded to android 11.
They are trying to enroll from a factory reset state to COPE but are receiving "enrollment blocked".

And now Intelligent Hub 21.01 have been released and in the KB-article about the changes in COPE I can't find anything about this issue. 

Have any other experienced this issue?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Noordan
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

The issue have been resolved and was related to the setting in the screenshot

Noordan_0-1618562111151.png

View solution in original post

4 Replies
DarkSabre
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi there. You may want to ensure they are a member of a group that allows enrollment. I've seen in the past that if people are a member of a restricted group or not a member of a certain group, they will get that. 

0 Kudos
Noordan
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Thanks @DarkSabre @for your answer. But the thing is that this only seems to be a problem on Android 11. And the tested devices is only Samsung for the moment. So the enrollment  restrictions or Android restrictions should not be a problem here.

I will try to test a non Samsung, android 11 in next week. But, I will double check this as well so no one have changed these settings.

0 Kudos
Noordan
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

We have tested some things in order to find a root cause for the "enrollment blocked".

And the issue seems to be due to Knox Mobile enrollment. QR-code enrollment work as expected. we have not had the ability to test google zero touch with android 11 yet. Have someone else tried google zero touch enrollment with android 11?

The KB-article about the changes in Android 11 mention the following,

The enrollment method afw#hub will no longer be supported.
It is recommended to use QR code or Zero Touch enrollment instead.

0 Kudos
Noordan
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

The issue have been resolved and was related to the setting in the screenshot

Noordan_0-1618562111151.png