troysp
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Enrollment Restrictions Blacklist

Jump to solution
Hello,

I thought I would ask this here rather than open a ticket.  We are starting to tell users that they must be at a specific OS version on their mobile devices in order to continue to have their devices connected to our server.  I have not implemented the device restrictions yet under the enrollment settings but I want to ask one question about it.  If we set an enrollment restriction blacklist to not allow devices at or below a certain version, this will only restrict new devices from enrolling but not un-enroll already enrolled devices that happen to be at or below the minimum OS version.  I am about 99% sure this is how it works but I just wanted to verify because I get cold feet sometimes making changes.  Any information you can offer is greatly appreciated.

Thank you
Troy
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RicardoPachecoR
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Your statement is correct, an enrollment restriction will apply only to new attempts. For existing users you can use a Compliance Policy, per platform. In the Actions page, define the rules and add escalations as needed - i.e. email notifications, warning 1, warning 2 and Enterprise Wipe, if needed. The Devices Dashboard OS Breakdown should tell you how many users will be impacted by platform.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
RicardoPachecoR
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Your statement is correct, an enrollment restriction will apply only to new attempts. For existing users you can use a Compliance Policy, per platform. In the Actions page, define the rules and add escalations as needed - i.e. email notifications, warning 1, warning 2 and Enterprise Wipe, if needed. The Devices Dashboard OS Breakdown should tell you how many users will be impacted by platform.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
troysp
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Thank you for your quick response.  I assumed this was how it worked but I just wanted to make sure.  We have implemented a compliance policy also but we have assigned a smart group with a limited number of users for now just to keep the help desk calls down to a minimum.  🙂
0 Kudos
Stansfield
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
This will not affect Dep devices they bypass the restrictions
0 Kudos