VMware Workspace ONE Community
AbidHusain
Contributor
Contributor

Enabling ' Smart Lock' in Airwatch?

Has anybody worked on enabling ' Smart Lock'  in Airwatch. This is a setting isn Airwatch that allow a phone to unlock when connected to devices that are allowed. So this allows the phonne to unlock when connected to the cars bluetooth to listen to music.

Thanks in advance.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
admin
Immortal
Immortal

I'm actively using this on my own device. It's enrolled in AirWatch via Android For Work.
0 Kudos
0kearnes0
Contributor
Contributor

I don't think his question was related to using it, i think it was more around managing it with AirWatch.

@AirWatch -- Are there any plans to enable management of this so i can configure and deploy OTA? accounting for location details in each profile could be difficult but giving us two basic form of it in a profile to cover ' On my Person, and Near a trusted device'  could work well for a first pass. Or even just cover the On my person function.
0 Kudos
redhatjaimy
Contributor
Contributor

Hello there,

You can disable Smart Lock on Samsung devices by creating a Restrictions payload/profile with ' Allow Keyguard Trust Agent State'  unchecked.  I am currently doing this for Android Enterprise.  I would assume you can do the same under Android Device Manager/Legacy.  Thanks.
0 Kudos
CarolynSTONES
Contributor
Contributor

Hello

Whilst the above works, when applying yesterday ' Allow Keyguard Trust Agent State'  this then turned off email notifications and I had to revert back.
0 Kudos