VMware Workspace ONE Community
kegwell
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Enable ThinApps In Your Catalog: ERROR_NETNAME_DELETED

I have enabled the ThinApp module successfully, but when I log into the connector as an admin and attempt to Enable ThinApps in your catalog, I receive the following error message in a banner/header:

"Problem configuring Windows Apps: RepoUpdateRegistry() failed with error: ERROR_NETNAME_DELETED"

However, when I try to add the same path, but using IP instead of hostname, the screen basically refreshes and the checkbox clears without anything saving.

I have verified both forwards and reverse DNS and have tried both inputs from multiple machines and browsers.  Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
pbjork
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

- Are you using a Windows based Network Share?

- Make sure you specify the FQDN to the file server, e.g. \\myServer.internaldomain.local\HZN_Apps

- Make sure your share allows access for authenticated users or domain computers

If above is all true disconnect your connector from the domain and rejoin the domain again.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
pbjork
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

- Are you using a Windows based Network Share?

- Make sure you specify the FQDN to the file server, e.g. \\myServer.internaldomain.local\HZN_Apps

- Make sure your share allows access for authenticated users or domain computers

If above is all true disconnect your connector from the domain and rejoin the domain again.

0 Kudos
kegwell
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Yes, I was using a Windows based share (vs a NetApp CIFS share), verified access, and was using the FQDN.  Logging into the connector and removing it form the domain, then re-adding it worked. Thanks PBJORK.

0 Kudos