VMware Workspace ONE Community
JohnBozic
Contributor
Contributor

Email sometimes stuck in Outbox - Boxer on IOS

Has anyone else had incidents of emails getting in stuck in the outbox of Boxer?  We have occasions when an odd email gets stuck and sometime never goes! Emails sent afterwards go as normal.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
10 Replies
RameshPhule
Contributor
Contributor

We are facing same problem with Boxer and SEG V2.
has to reboot  SEG server  every time to resolve issue.
0 Kudos
JohnBozic
Contributor
Contributor

Hi
That is interesting as we are on SEG2.  That means you must have to restart the service many times a day as you don't really know when a user will have stuck. I will try to see if this works for us too.

I have been working with an vmware engineer:

we have reviewed boxer log, exchange logs, fiddler logs, itools logs and active exchange sync logs and found no reasons to why.  They are now pushing this as a bug as we have explored all avenues over 3 months.

I will update this on progress.

JB
0 Kudos
RameshPhule
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks JB.  We are restarting every morning 🙂
We had same issue on SEG Classic and thought it will go away after upgrading to SEG V2.
I wonder , No error log on exchange server, it happened with SEG Classic and now SEG v2, its happening with both inbox and boxer client ( iOS and Android)
No problem for incoming emails.
0 Kudos
RameshPhule
Contributor
Contributor

Hey John,

have you tested bypassing SEG ?

Thanks
0 Kudos
JohnBozic
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Ya,

Thanks for the info, I will try that a routine restart.

I haven tried bypassing as I do not want to expose our exchange server to the web.  I now had my ticket escalated to 3rd line so I will add any progress .

Regards,

John
0 Kudos
RameshPhule
Contributor
Contributor

Hi John,
We have also now opened ticket with VMware support.
any progress with your ticket. in our case issue get resolved temporary by restarting SEG server.

Thanks
Ramesh
0 Kudos
JohnBozic
Contributor
Contributor

HI Ramesh,

Thanks for letting me know, out support person wants to migrate to SEG V2 now, i will let him know that doing this does not resolve the problem. Saying that I have to migrate as SEG has one last month or so left of support.

The only thing I know is that this problem started in late September 2018 , so I am trying to piece what change was rolled out at the time eg, Boxer!
0 Kudos
MATTHAYSMATTHAY
Contributor
Contributor

We have only had a handful of users report the stuck Outbox on iOS Boxer, no reports yet on the Android side.  And it has been with iOS Boxer 5.4 to 5.5.

Any new news on this as we are running SEG Classic but thought of moving soon to SEG v2?

Thanks.
0 Kudos
JohnBozic
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

We have migrated from SEG Classic to SEG V2 and the issue has now gone away for us. If you are running Content Locker on the same gateway server it is also possible to run SEG V2 on the same server by changing the Content Locker to utilise a different port within IIS. SEGV2 is  java based and requires 443

Hope this helps any one, appreciating that is the only thing we have found to resolve the issue, possible due to the fact SEG v2 directly communicates with Exchange.

Regards,

John
0 Kudos