VMware Workspace ONE Community
rsaulitis
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Email configuration/management with SEG and UEM

Hi all,

We have situation where user has his own private android device, we are allowing to enroll in our UEM. After enrolling user have his own private standard profile and work profile added. We would like to give access to email from work profile with Outlook - all seems to be fine and working, but user also is possible to add corporate email in Outlook app which is in standard profile not in work profile. Is this normal situation or something is wrong in configuration? How to achieve that only from work profile is possible to access email?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Noordan
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

First question, are you using SEGv2 (proxy model) or powershell integration?

This will probably not answer to your question about using outlook as mail client. Because, I have not tested it.  But My guess is that the compliance rules will identify the device as managed and the outlook-application on the personal side also have the same identifier as the one in the work-profile.

0 Kudos
rsaulitis
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi @Noordan 

Yes we are using SEGv2 proxy model. So sounds that there is no mechanism how to block access from personal side 😞

0 Kudos
Noordan
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Not what I know for Outlook.

Have you tried the same with Vmware Boxer with managed config? Will that scenario act in a different way?

0 Kudos