VMware Workspace ONE Community
syarbrou
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Email Domain setup pending

Trying to change how our email domain is setup so it drops people who register with their email address into our BYOD folder automatically to streamline setup.  That said, it worked how I configured it year ago, so deleted the entry and created a new one.  It's been sitting in pending for  a day and a half now.  I know it's pending because I'm supposed to get an email from somewhere confirming the setup, but i never got it, not in my spam, and our email admin watched for it but nothing.  I even tried using yahoo.com for the domain and a yahoo email as the confirmation but nothing.  Is this an issue on my side or on VMware?  I have a ticket open but it's not moving along very fast.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
J4yJ4y
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Did you check if SMTP is enabled on the Cloud Connector?
If you're on SaaS/Cloud, with SMTP set on the Cloud Connector options (advanced tab), sending emails will fail.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
J4yJ4y
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Did you check if SMTP is enabled on the Cloud Connector?
If you're on SaaS/Cloud, with SMTP set on the Cloud Connector options (advanced tab), sending emails will fail.

0 Kudos
syarbrou
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hey Johan. Under Advanced SMTP Relay is disabled. However under System > Enterprise Integration > Email (SMTP) we have it setup for sending email and when users register they get emails confirming they were just added to the system.

Of course this assumes the email is coming from my system and not VMware.  I would think VMware needs to do something on their end to route people who download the Hub app and use email address to register to the right server no?

0 Kudos
J4yJ4y
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Is this an On prem or SaaS environment?
0 Kudos
syarbrou
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

On Premise
0 Kudos
syarbrou
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Figured it out or I guess Johan figured it out. 🙂

It's kind of odd. I was creating it at the global level but when I parsed thru the console logs saw errors that SMTP wasn't configured. Deleted it and recreated it at our company level and it worked. But it still shows at the global level when created lower which was why I created it at the global level in the first place as it looked like that's where it was to begin with. Thanks for the pointer was helpful.

Still curious what happens after I approve the email.  Does it go to VMware and update something somewhere?

0 Kudos
chengtmskcc
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Hi Johan V.,

You and I had a similar discussion via another thread. If you recall, I have SMTP (Email Relay) enabled within my dedicated SaaS in two different environments. For some reason since the past Monday, enrollment token email stopped getting sent from my production environment. My test/UAT environment was not affected.

Given that both environments are running the same console version (i.e. 1907), we examined further and found that the patch level in our production environment is newer than our test/UAT environment. VMware support also confirmed this issue on newer console version, but we are the first to report this on older console version. So much fun!
0 Kudos