VMware Workspace ONE Community
EdLovato
Contributor
Contributor

Dual Sim Restriction

Does anyone know if AirWatch can restrict dual sim usage?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
9 Replies
chengtmskcc
Expert
Expert

I would like to know about this as well since newer models now support dual SIM, and we already have lots of inquiries on this feature.
0 Kudos
LukeDC
Expert
Expert

So the answer is Yes, apple does allow you to restrict it:

https://developer.apple.com/business/documentation/Configuration-Profile-Reference.pdf

I don't see it in the Airwatch GUI as of yet, so if you wanted to implement it now, you'd have to use a custom XML profile.
0 Kudos
LukeDC
Expert
Expert

I also use Apple Configurator 2 to check on new restrictions available etc.
0 Kudos
EdLovato
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks Luke.
0 Kudos
chengtmskcc
Expert
Expert

Luke, do you mean the Cellular Payload in the doc for managing dual SIM?
0 Kudos
LukeDC
Expert
Expert

The Apple dual sim is one physical sim and one eSim. You can add an eSim by adding another cellular plan. The restrictions payload can allow you to limit the modification of the eSim or Cellular plans. If you apply this on enrollment, the user cannot modify any cellular plans or add them. Including eSim.

https://imgur.com/a/abdmDyJ

' allowESIMModification / Boolean / Optional.

Supervised only. If set to false, the user may not remove or add a cellular plan to the eSIM on the device. Defaults to true.

Availability: Available only in iOS 12.1 and later.'
0 Kudos
chengtmskcc
Expert
Expert

Hey Luke, thanks for the info. Do you know when these restrictions will become available in AirWatch? They are not there just yet even under version 19.2.
0 Kudos
JeremySALOMON
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

On Android, it's possible to create a restriction too?
0 Kudos
Nine23
Contributor
Contributor

Hey

Did anyone manage to get this? Possible requirement here. Can't find an option in 1909 either but if any one has XML code they can share that would be great - specifically for Android

Thanks
0 Kudos