VMware Workspace ONE Community
rbrockman
Contributor
Contributor

Directory Services not working with On-Prem

Only basic accounts can log into the console.  Getting this error when testing ' Device Services' .

Exception from service operation: (AirWatch.CloudConnector.DirectoryService.AwDnsSrvException) DnsSrvInvalidCredentials. 

I've confirmed services are up. 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
RicardoPachecoR
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Richard,

Based on the Exception message, check the Service Account that is used to bind to your internal AD. Groups & Settings -> All Settings -> System -> Enterprise Integration -> Directory Services. Under the Server tab, scroll all the way to the bottom and 'Test Connection'. If you don't get a response below that button that reads ' Connection successful with the given server name, bind user name, and password.'  work with your AD team to determine if they see any errors. Account locked? If not, and no invalid passwords received, then look into the path between your console and the DNS server resolving the name. I see that you have Cloud Connector. Check the Cloud Connector logs.

0 Kudos
KWebb12
Contributor
Contributor

We've run into this issue as well and have a scheduled call with Support tomorrow. We're not using the Cloud Connector and we can confirm the user/pass information that we're attempting to pass through is valid. (Basically the whole IT Dept. can't login without using the local console account)

I have a feeling it's DNS related... as we recently made adjustments to DNS servers, but we're using valid names and even just IP addresses; the test connection passes.
0 Kudos