VMware Workspace ONE Community
OAshby
Contributor
Contributor

Devices not retrieving Certs from internal CA

HI All,
I have an Internal CA that I am trying to get setup in Airwatch. I have followed all the documentation I can find in support to configure the CA integration and the template.
I also configured a Profile to issue the certs.
When I try to push the profile to a device I get the message ' COMexception while retrieving certificate bytes: the requested property value is empty (exception from HRESULT:0x80094004).'

On the CA event logs I get ' Active Directory Certificate Services denied request 2339 because The request contains no certificate template information. 0x80094801 (-2146875391 CERTSRV_E_NO_CERT_TYPE).  The request was for CN=oma.  Additional information: Denied by Policy Module  0x80094801, The request does not contain a certificate template extension or the CertificateTemplate request attribute.'

Not sure what the issue is. Help?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
BarisGulener
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

Is the problem solved?

Thanks,
Baris
0 Kudos
GunnarrnInglfss
Contributor
Contributor

I am having the same exact issue right now. Was this ever resolved for you?
0 Kudos
DaleAlderton
Contributor
Contributor

Hi

Also getting this error now after configuring SCEP via DCOM. Was there any resolution to this?

Thanks

Dale

0 Kudos
gmanjohal
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

HI Dale, I'm unsure if this was resolved or not, but from the error, it appears as though no template was created on the CA, or that it wasn't added into the settings within WSO. 

0 Kudos
DaleAlderton
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks, we managed to resolve the issue.
It turns out the cert template name configured in the console mismatched the template name in the CA by one letter. Once we corrected that the certificate issued correctly