VMware Workspace ONE Community
GuillermodelDie
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Device wiped, user assures he did not manually, cheking AW logs

Hi all,

I have to analyse device's log of a CEO, he assures that device wipe has not been done manually by him, and reviewing logs in AirWatch I found logs attached in troubleshooting. 

I see "break MDM confirmed", anyone knows what is that mean?

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
chengtmskcc
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Could he have entered incorrect device passcode over a period of time, and based on your passcode policy the device reset itself? 

View solution in original post

5 Replies
LucD
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

Looks like what KB50107292 explains, but in this case, triggered by a revoked certificate?

Blog: lucd.info  Twitter: @LucD22  Co-author PowerCLI Reference

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Moderator: Moved to Workspace ONE Discussions

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
chengtmskcc
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Could he have entered incorrect device passcode over a period of time, and based on your passcode policy the device reset itself? 

GuillermodelDie
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Yes, it would be possible, I'm now trying to reproduce it on my test device, for comparing logs and see if it's same behavior.

thanks! 

0 Kudos
GuillermodelDie
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

You are right, after consulting with user and review  policies, that was the root cause.

Thanks a lot!

0 Kudos