Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Device Updates for iOS

Console version is 20.01.07 on-prem.

Has anyone had luck using WS1 to actually force an iPhone or iPad to install an iOS update? We are testing this using the Device Updates page as well as Device Details -> Updates. There is no issue downloading but when the install command is sent the device throws an error, Unable to install update - An error occurred installing iOS. I'm trying to update my iPhone 8+ from 3.4 to 3.4.1. The device is on WiFi, fully charged, and connected to power.

Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

i got the same question, maybe it doesnt work combined with a restriction profile, delaying the updates in general?

0 Kudos
Expert
Expert

Does it happen to just one or multiple iPhones?

0 Kudos
Contributor
Contributor

It doesnt matter which option i take, i can schedule it under the device update section, it works for some devices but not all of them. Pushing it directly to a specific device doesnt always work either.

We only have a few supervised devices so far, my thinking was to have a restriction profile with 30 days os update delay for example while beeing able to override those 30 days with a scheduled update assigment.

It happens for multiple iPhones aswell as iPads.

0 Kudos
Expert
Expert

Can you try testing on one or more supervised devices without any restriction profile/payload?

0 Kudos
Contributor
Contributor

I havent activated the delay in updates at the moment, wanted to check if that solves the problem but i wont get to that before wednsday.

0 Kudos
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I think you can push ios updates from console to device, BUT your users must to confirm that he like to update his device. Without this you can not update this device.

I assign ios update to user group and choose "download and install" so I see in console that update is already download on device but user not accept this. After that I created compliance policy and email notification for every day to users which are not update devices.

May be you can post screenshot with error message.

Sorry for my english.

Regards,

Dimitri

0 Kudos