somemdm
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Depreciation of Boxer Assignment Settings to SDK profile (passcode etc.)

Hi.

This is in relation to the deprecation of Boxer assignment settings: Deprecation of the key AppForceActivateSSO in Workspace ONE Boxer for iOS effective July 31st 2021 (...

The above KB doesn't just reference the key in the title, but also copy/paste and passcode settings previously available in the Boxer assignment settings.

We currently use tiered Boxer assignments to allow us to apply a Boxer passcode to only BYOD devices using specific criteria in our Smart Groups. This deprecation has caused a few dramas for us with our current config we have had in place for a while.

To explain:

- DEP/Supervised (Enrolment Category) as the criteria for the Smart Group that applies the Boxer assignment for Corp devices with enforced device passcodes, lower tier in Boxer assignments

- Employee Owned (Ownership Category) as the criteria Smart Group that applies the Boxer assignment for BYOD devices with no enforced device passcodes, but applies a Boxer passcode, higher tier in Boxer assignments.

Now the passcode setting has changed from being available in both the Boxer assignment settings as well as the SDK profiles to being in the SDK profile settings only.

This poses a big problem for us as you can only have one SDK profile per app, per OG. So we can't granularly apply passcode settings for Boxer for different users in the same OG (as far as I can tell).

Has anyone else encountered this issue? I'm sure we can't be the only ones that used tiered Boxer assignments to enforce a passcode to certain Boxer users based on Smart Group membership.

Thanks,

JC

0 Kudos
2 Replies
antherITguy
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I'm running into this too.  I would think this could be accomplished using Organizational Groups instead of tiered Smart Groups within the app assignment.

somemdm
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Thanks for the reply mate. Having a BYO OG might have other benefits too. I'll give this a go soon and see how it behaves.

0 Kudos