VMware Workspace ONE Community
anon1m0us1
Contributor
Contributor

Deploy Airwatch on devices

Hi,

Is there a way to deploy Airwatch on all my laptops/ipads without user intervention? Users will never follow direction and i need everything deployed. I can deploy via an RMM also. I just need a method to automatically deploy.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
8 Replies
chengtmskcc
Expert
Expert

The word 'deploy' can mean different things for different organizations. Does it mean fewer manual tasks involved during device provisioning? Or just pushing down apps and configurations automatically upon enrollment? It could also mean all of the above.

0 Kudos
anon1m0us1
Contributor
Contributor

I need airwatch deployed (or installed) so I can configure it. Any device that shows up on my network should automatically get the app.

All I need is to enable encryption on the devices and have the ability to remote wipe.

0 Kudos
chengtmskcc
Expert
Expert

If you were referring to devices that are owned by the company, having them supervised will allow you to push any app and configuration automatically. BYOD devices will require manual enrollment but the app and configuration can be pushed down automatically as well.

0 Kudos
anon1m0us1
Contributor
Contributor

yes. These are corp devices. However, I am a CSP so I drop ship devices to my clients. How do I get the airwatch on those devices as soon as they join my network?

0 Kudos
chengtmskcc
Expert
Expert

What does CSP mean?

You can drop ship the devices to your clients if they belong to the Apple Business Manager (ABM) and assign a DEP profile along with other apps and configurations in AirWatch UEM.

0 Kudos
anon1m0us1
Contributor
Contributor

I am a MSP, Managed Services. We not only ship Apple devices, but  Laptops. How do I dropship the laptops and get Airwatch on it without user intervention?

0 Kudos
chengtmskcc
Expert
Expert

I hope others in the community can chime in with laptop provisioning as I don't have much experience with it just yet.

0 Kudos
JosueNegron
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

If you are using Windows laptops you can leverage the domain to automatically deploy Workspace and enroll the devices. Onboarding Windows 10 Using Command-Line Enrollment: VMware Workspace ONE Operational Tutorial | VMw...

0 Kudos