VMware Workspace ONE Community
Eddie-Hash
Contributor
Contributor

Deleted script keeps attempting execution on endpoint devices

I admin a Shared Saas environment.

I created and set a script to run once on several dozen Windows devices. After several weeks I noticed in Device Details > Troubleshooting that the same script continually attempts to execute but fails every time. I unassigned all devices from the script and paused all Workflows that called the script, yet the execution attempts continued.I even went so far as to delete the script altogether but I still see the script attempting to execute but fail on several dozen devices. Anyone else seen this before? (Attached is a screenshot of the error in Troubleshooting.)

Similarly, in the same way Apps are stored in C:\programdata\AirWatchMDM\AppDeploymentCache in order to be executed later, is there a folder that "houses" scripts until they are called to execute? Thank you!

0 Kudos
1 Reply
cornevandyk
Contributor
Contributor

Hallo Eddie, did you ever find a resolution here?

I have the same issue on macOS devices (haven't checked the Windows systems yet), where it appears that deleted scripts are still executing. In my case there are several scripts in the error message, so I wasn't sure if only one failed.

fwiw the directory (on macOS) "/Library/Application Support/AirWatch/Data/Scripts" contains a number of .sh files, which unfortunately seems to be in binary form, with matching plaintext log files showing output for various scripts - so it would seem that scripts are still present on the device, even when unassigned.

regards

Corne

0 Kudos