VMware Workspace ONE Community
SteveHerring
Contributor
Contributor

Deleted an iPad from Airwatch 9.5.0.16 by mistake after iPad was put in ' Lost iPad' mode so now cannot disable Lost iPad mode

How can I turn off Lost iPad mode if the iPad is no longer in Airwatch? Is there a way to restore this iPad back in to Airwatch?  I attempted a DFU restore and the device still comes up in Lost iPad mode.  Any guidance is much appreciated.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
KEVINSCHELLINGE
Contributor
Contributor

Have you tried hooking to ITunes to wipe it? Same process if a user locks the device. I assume its a DEP device.
1. Install Itunes
2. A. Power down the device. Unplug the cable from the PC. Hold home button and wait for the logo on screen THEN hook to itunes on a PC. You will see an ituned logo with a plug in symbol. Go to Itunes. You will see a prompt to update or restore. Hit RESTORE. (It may download the most recent iOS first)Restore the device, It will wipe and come back up after reboot.
Step 3 may stop you because you deleted it, but this Is what I use.
3.  When comes back, unlock from MDM (may take a few minutes for the screen to lock)
4. Then wipe again and delete from Airwatch. When it comes up tread as a new device.
Hopes this helps some.
0 Kudos