VMware Workspace ONE Community
JohnDobson
Contributor
Contributor

DELETE IN PROGRESS...

We have a lot of devices that have not been seen in over 100 days i selected them and Tried to Delete the device but now they just come up in the console as DELETE IN PROGRESS...
They have been like this for 3-4 days now?
If i select one on its own and delete the dives again it does delete but if i select more than one they will not delete any ideas to fix this?
Also is there a way to auto delete devices that have not been seem for a set amount of days?
thanks
Labels (1)
15 Replies
LukeDC
Expert
Expert

Means you've got a block in your SQL DB blocking the job. It's a stored procedure that deletes multiple devices. One of the deletions is stalling it. You'll need to contact support to get help clearing it up, that's my suggestion.
0 Kudos
LouFaugno
Contributor
Contributor

I am having the same problem here too. I hate that i have to reach out to support for everything just seems odd we cannot manage these devices, and yes I am full Admin.
0 Kudos
msweisberg
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Supposedly that was fixed with the 9.1 console.
0 Kudos
JohnDobson
Contributor
Contributor

We have the cloud version so are on 9.1.3.5 ans still not working. I was also looking at a way to auto delete devices but can't see a way let.
0 Kudos
LouFaugno
Contributor
Contributor

I am in the same environment as John D. - SaaS on 9.1.3.5.
I am looking for a processed job that would allow to delete phones after 30 days not checked in.
0 Kudos
TommyThomassen
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Have you guys done this manually with the SQL commands? We have the same issue.
https://support.air-watch.com/solutions/34293

Thanks.
0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

hi guys, We have had the same issue which is working now, AW informed us to go to settings - admin - Scheduler and look for ' Staged Command Data Processing Job'  look when the Last Successful Completion was, our was stuck and not running so we reset it and now works ok.
0 Kudos
LouFaugno
Contributor
Contributor

This is still an issue and is painful that i have to manually remove the deleted pending phones.
0 Kudos
JacquesPerrolle
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

This was an issue for us when we had 9.1.2. And I think it was a known bug?
I found that if I then manually deleted the first couple of devices subsequently, then the bulk process would finally go through.
This is no longer an issue with 9.2.2, thankfully.

EDIT: And 20 days later... here we are with 9.2.2 facing the same issue.  Grr.

0 Kudos
EricPlent
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I had this occur once before, and it was definitely a SQL blocking issue. Since we are SaaS I had to open a ticket with support and they were able to clear the blocking and the devices were then removed properly.
0 Kudos
CharlesEstacion
Contributor
Contributor

Resetting the job through Admin Scheduler seems to fix the issue.
0 Kudos
C_Virag
Contributor
Contributor

My success story: I found all these ' DELETE IN PROGRESS...'  devices in the Wipe Log list with their status as ' On Hold'  and waiting for Enterprise Wipe. Once I approve their record, their status is changed from Enrolled to Enterprise Wipe Pending and they can be deleted from the console (issue a Delete Device command again).
0 Kudos
ANDREGRENON
Contributor
Contributor

Hi tried the SQL Command also, nothing work, the Query is running for ever. Any point i can try  thanks
0 Kudos
RicardoMaldonad
Contributor
Contributor

Running 9.5.0.17 Had the Same issue: Support gave me this : ' Check for Bulk Management and Managed Device Wipe Protection settings by navigating to Groups & Settings > All Settings > Devices & Users > Advanced.
Please ensure that the value for Delete Device and Enterprise Wipe should have the same value on Bulk Management page and provide the same value on Managed Device Wipe Protection as well.
After making the changes as defined above, try deleting the devices from Devices > List View'
I noticed the Global and Org Bulk Management, did not match I set them to equal 1 for 1 and attempted to delete again and they were removed.  Hope this helps.
0 Kudos
Paul741
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

still same problem here. try to do the things written here https://kb.vmware.com/s/article/50116392?lang=en_US  but no luck. any news?

0 Kudos