VMware Workspace ONE Community
FauEmWer
Contributor
Contributor

Configuring NetApp Share through Content Gateway

I dunno if I am at the right place here to ask this question but since I struggle for some time to get it done I am trying my luck. We have a Workspace ONE deployment (at VMware´s Cloud) and have a NetApp Storage on premise. Now we want to access the NetApp Storage with the mobile devices through the ' Content Locker'  App. I am facing problems with configuring the repository in the Workspace ONE console. The link, how should the syntax for the link look like so that Workspace ONE server can access the repository?

We have a two UAG´s in place, one in the dmz and one in the same subnet as the storage.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
GolanNave
Contributor
Contributor

Hey Stephan,

Is the shares on your netapp are SIF shares?
0 Kudos
FauEmWer
Contributor
Contributor

Hey Golan,

the shares on the NetApp are CIF shares.
I can connect to them from a Windows, Linux or MacOS without any issues but I somehow struggle to get the Workspace ONE/Airwatch Server in combination with the UAG to access the share. When I try to configure the Admin Repository in the Workspace ONE console my first hurdle is the syntax of the Repository Link.

Thanks for your time and support!
0 Kudos
GolanNave
Contributor
Contributor

Stephan,

The best way to get around this is to add the CIF share to a DFS Mount point. That way it looks like a standard windows share in the UAG.
0 Kudos
PHeier
Contributor
Contributor

hi all,

Access shares on a netapp needs to have a configuration change inside the UAG settings. Sadly this is only possible with VI ??
see: https://docs.vmware.com/en/Unified-Access-Gateway/3.3.1/com.vmware.uag-331-deploy-config.doc/GUID-01...
0 Kudos
BethC
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Issue with Sync, Download, and Upload for users using shares

hosted on NetApp servers.

To manually change the configuration file, follow the steps:

1 Log in to the vSphere Client

2 Open the Unified Access Gateway console where Content Gateway is configured.

3 Navigate to /opt/airwatch/content-gateway/conf

4 Edit the config.yml file

5 Modify the flag value for parameter aw.fileshare.jcifs.active to true. The default value is false.

6 Restart the content-gateway service with the command    $ service content-gateway restart

0 Kudos
rpleupen
Contributor
Contributor

check this, maybe it helps.

depending on the UAG version you have.

Troubleshooting Errors: Content Gateway

And

Content Gateway - No files from DFS shares - Admin Repository

0 Kudos