VMware Workspace ONE Community
BrianPitt
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Compromised Devices

We have various devices in our console that say they are compromised, but I cant seem to find a reason why.  They show no security issues, but say compromised.

Is there anything I can do to find out why they say they are compromised and anything I can tweak in the console?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
BarbraConner
Contributor
Contributor

Check to see if they are using a very old version of Hub or even AirWatch.  We've found that asking them to update the Hub app clears the compromised status
0 Kudos
AbrahamSanchez
Contributor
Contributor

Can be numerous reasons. We experience the same issue. If fact, the last one triggered compromised because the user tried to setup their exchange account manually. As a result the Active Sync failed.  Here are a few I have personally experienced.  User enrolls into Workspace (BYOD) and setups phone for Apple beta testing.  User removed passcode, user jail broke phone, user has phone turned off longer that policy allows, user downloads a mail client not supported the your environment, Device fall off wireless for over x days, device turned off for x days, app removals, etc..  I normally check the exchange console and user profiles in WorkSpace. Also, incomplete enrollment will do that as well.  If all fails I call the end user just to hear what their dog did to the device 🙂  Hope this helps.
0 Kudos