VMware Workspace ONE Community
ThomasCheng
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Compatibility patch for upcoming Apple devices

I thought in the past you can almost always enroll the latest release of Apple devices even if you have not upgraded your AirWatch or Workspace ONE to a newer version. Am I correct?

If so, the upcoming ones must have something different that requires such compatibility patch to be installed first prior to enrollment.

https://support.workspaceone.com/articles/360009077393

Labels (1)
122 Replies
Mario_Giese
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Have you already tried this to get your services to start:
https://support.workspaceone.com/solutions/SOL-16550 ?
0 Kudos
lukaszwa
Contributor
Contributor

So neither Xs or Xs max will complete enrollments now due to UUID issue (failing on profile install). Support states it will take some more time (LOL) to develop the patch. Absolute nightmare .......
0 Kudos
ThomasCheng
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Lukasz, the patch has been released. Did you apply it already?
0 Kudos
LukeDC
Expert
Expert

The patches are out for most versions:  https://support.workspaceone.com/articles/360009077393

0 Kudos
lukaszwa
Contributor
Contributor

we are DSaaS and were told patches are still not done on the phone.... guess need to call again.
0 Kudos
sturmanc
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

The ServicesPipeTimeout was already set to 120,000 but increased to 180,000 - no help.
Error AirWatch.Security.CodeSigning Unable to retrieve publisher or publisher not trusted. Assembly: WanderingWiFi.AirWatch.Entity, Version=9.2.3.27, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
0 Kudos
lukaszwa
Contributor
Contributor

For anyone else on SaaS those patches are still being rolled out and you env might not been patched as of yet.
0 Kudos
MICHAELNICKELS
Contributor
Contributor

Does anyone have an XS or XS Max that can confirm or deny the UDID is changing from 40 characters?
0 Kudos
lukaszwa
Contributor
Contributor

AW reports 24, Itunes not at all. Apple Configurator 24 as well.
0 Kudos
JimMalandruccol
Contributor
Contributor

Claude, did you have any luck with your install? We're also on 9.2.3 and will probably do the patching this weekend.
0 Kudos
sturmanc
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

No luck so far.   Services won't start.   We have an open case with support but nothing yet.
0 Kudos
ChrisHuhnChrisH
Contributor
Contributor

Monday morning Console shows iPhone Xs Max device with 25 character UDID. 8 Digits with a Dash and then 16 Characters (all Digits except two E's). iPhone Xs Max shows as iPhone 11,6 in Agent, shows as 'iPhone' in Console.
Does not reflect Device Model 'iPhone Xs Max'.
Updated platform from 9.2.1.0 through 9.3, 9.4 to 9.5 Saturday night. Applied 9.5.0.16 Patch Sunday morning.
Applied Seed 'Update_20180829_AAPP-5898' dated Sept 17th Sunday afternoon.
0 Kudos
ChrisHuhnChrisH
Contributor
Contributor

Good morning Thomas C.,
Did you apply the Tunnel Proxy update to Relay AND Endpoint, or just one of them?
I cannot read your Blog post.
0 Kudos
ChrisHuhnChrisH
Contributor
Contributor

ARGH!  Just picked up Patch Installer containing the patch 9.5.0.17.
Applying.
0 Kudos
ChrisHuhnChrisH
Contributor
Contributor

A question for the long-time on-premise Admins;
I understand the Update requires Console, API, and Device Services to be offline while updating the database (9.4 to 9.5 for example) - and I understand why.
Question: Does the same hold true for Patches? e.g. 9.5.0.16 or 9.5.0.17?
The release notes '9.5.0.17_Deployment_Instructions.txt' don't mention it.
I applied 9.5.0.16 yesterday while everything was offline during the 9.5 Update.
Will I need to stop Console, API, and Device Services to apply 9.5.0.17 (and subsequent 'fixes')?
0 Kudos
ThomasCheng
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hey Chris,
Send me a request once you have a WordPress account set up. Not many people like or want to see my blog. 🙂
Stopping both AirWatch and World Wide Web Publishing services prior to installing the patch may save you some time, or you can always let the installer does the heavy lifting.
I applied the proxy update on both relay and endpoint.
Tom
0 Kudos
ChrisHuhnChrisH
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks Tom, those items help.
0 Kudos
ThomasCheng
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Seriously. I just finished patching to version 9.6.0.7 last Friday, and this morning I checked my email and found 9.6.0.8 to address a device wipe.
The fun never stops.
Any MobileIron customers here? 🙂
0 Kudos
ChrisHuhnChrisH
Contributor
Contributor

Was. Retired it in June after building AirWatch in January.
0 Kudos
ThomasCheng
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Chris, as part of the patch install I suggest stopping all services prior to backing up DB to preserve the integrity of your data. Then to play it safe, back up your VMs prior to the actual install.
At least the patch installs pretty quickly.
Why did you switch from MobileIron to AirWatch?
0 Kudos