VMware Workspace ONE Community
eros75
Contributor
Contributor

Command line enrollment and Group ID prompt

Hello, I'm trying to enroll my Windows 10 devices using command line enrollment for non-admin domain users. All is fine, but when the Native Enrollment runs, the user is prompted for the Group ID. Is there a way to prevent it? The command line is: ' msiexec /i c: or Recovery or OEM or AirwatchAgent.msi /qn ENROLL=Y DOWNLOADWSBUNDLE=true ASSIGNTOLOGGEDINUSER=Y SERVER=XXX.awmdm.com LGNAME=XXX-TEST USERNAME=staging@XXXX-TEST.com PASSWORD=XXXX'

The users cannot enroll in more than one OG. Do I need the Windows Autodiscovery (WADS) configured?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
dallas0529
Contributor
Contributor

Did you ever figure this out? Having the same issue here.
0 Kudos
JosueNegron
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Check out the Onboarding Windows 10 Using Command-Line Enrollment: VMware Workspace ONE Operational Tutorial on Tech Zone. You will see a tip that says that you need to have "User Group Organization Group or Fixed Organization Group enabled so that end users are not prompted for a Group ID. To configure this setting, navigate to Settings > Devices & Users > General > Shared Device."

Be sure to check out all of the various use-cases covered in that tutorial as there are samples and tips for all use-cases.

0 Kudos