VMware Workspace ONE Community
DBnowDC
Contributor
Contributor

Collect Device Logs missing from AirWatch console

Hi Community,

Trying to troubleshoot some issues I'm having with device profiles and authentication, so I'm needing logs from the devices. Only issue is that "Collect Device Logs" is missing from my AirWatch console. In All Settings --> Devices & Users --> General --> Privacy, Request Device Logs is enabled for Corporate - Dedicated Devices, and I am at the top level of the Organization. My role is Console Administrator, with no restrictions. 

Screen Shot 2020-06-26 at 2.20.49 PM.png

But when I go to view a Corporate - Dedicated device and select More Actions, the option to collect device logs isn't there. Again, looking at the device from the top level of my organization. This is my entire menu:

Screen Shot 2020-06-26 at 2.19.16 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-06-26 at 2.19.28 PM.png

I'm able to have the user go into the Hub app and send logs, and those show up under Attachments --> Documents as expected, so it's not a major issue, but I'd like to be able to collect the logs on my own.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
chengtmskcc
Expert
Expert

In that case, use the following method to collect 'Verbosed Hub logs'

1. Navigate to the device in the console (https://CN###.awmdm.com/AirWatch/#/AirWatch/Device/Details/Apps/29298)

2. Click Apps>Search for hub> Select the radial button next to it and click Request Log

3. Select Capture Debug and Click OK

4. In your device open the hub app and reproduce the issue within 15 mins

5. The Verbosed HUB log will be added to the console at Device Details>More>Attachments> Documents within 15 mins. Verify that you can see it in the console.

0 Kudos