VMware Workspace ONE Community
Cowiebe
Contributor
Contributor

Clearing Guided Access Passcodes

Can I clear the Guided Access Passcode from an iPad using Airwatch?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
8 Replies
RichB2u2
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Unfortunately no. Students have learned they can put a shared iPad into Guided Access with a passcode they set and then the only answer is to erase the device and set it up again. I wish there was a way to block Guided Access.
0 Kudos
Stansfield
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

a hard reboot of the device bypasses guided access mode and takes it back to the normal passcode screen
0 Kudos
RichB2u2
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Resetting the iPad works as Stephen S. describes if there is a passcode stored but without one, like most of our shared iPads, the iPad reboots and goes right back into Guided Access.
0 Kudos
RichB2u2
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Most of our shared iPads don't have a passcode set. We found that by putting a shared iPad it into Lost Mode and then removing it the iPad will return to the home screen without Guided Access enabled.
daviddescazaux
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

The "Lost Mode" solution works but it is not practical.

Is there now another more efficient solution like a retriction profil or a xml custom payload to prohibit this function (guided access) ?

Thanks

MikeAcevedo
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

Before lost mode, we would use a profile to set them in single app mode to break the guided access.  

Profiles > Single App Mode > Lock device into a single app

com.apple.mobilenotes (use native Apple Notes) 

Thanks

0 Kudos
daviddescazaux
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

Thank you for that answer.
I just tested and it works too but there are always 2 commands to send.

We have to wait for the 1st to be received before we can send the second.

I would have preferred to be able to completely disable this function.

0 Kudos
mziminskimds
Contributor
Contributor

This comment was extremely helpful. A student activated guided access with a passcode. I turned lost mode on, then off. Worked like a charm! Thank you!

0 Kudos