VMware Workspace ONE Community
anonymousmigrat
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Chrome OS EMM Registration

Hello Everyone,

I'm trying to add a ' Chrome OS EMM Registration'  within the Console under ' Settings->Devices & Users->Chrome OS->Chrome OS EMM Registration'  but it simply fails with the following message:

' An error has occurred. This error has automatically been saved for further analysis. Please contact technical support.'

It doesn't seem that complicated, I simply enter the Google-Email-Account I want to register, A popup appears where I grant the permissions for Workspace One for that said account, which I do, then I copy & paste the ' Auth Code' , hit ' Save'  and see the above message.

That said issue appears in two different Environments, SaaS and OnPrem, both running 18.10.0.3 (1810). While I was using the same Google-Account I used for the ' Android EMM Registration'  (which works perfectly fine), I also tried setting up a fresh Gmail-Account for Chrome OS EMM, with no change bringing up the same error.

Any ideas anyone? Thanks in advance!

Regards, Christoph

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
JohannZandanel
Contributor
Contributor

Hello all,

I tried the same in different environments and had exactly the same result!
It seems to be related with UEM 18.10.3.
Obviously there is a issue regarding the APIs between UEM and Google. Is anybody aware if there exists a open Ticket from Airwatch to Google?

Regards

Johann
0 Kudos
anonymousmigrat
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

At least no changes with OnPrem 18.10.06 and SaaS 18.11.02...
0 Kudos
JohnMooreJohnMo
Contributor
Contributor

Was this issue discovered to be true for 1810?
We are currently trying to configure and finding that we are getting the same error.

Thanks
0 Kudos
MichaelPoole
Contributor
Contributor

It has to be a Google Admin Email - i.e. a G-Suite associated email address - not just some gmail account you generate on the fly.
0 Kudos
JamesCorrJamesC
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Did you get it up and running?
From what we can tell, we think that the email account has to be a gSuite full admin as well.
0 Kudos