VMware Workspace ONE Community
user6789
Contributor
Contributor

Change Permission of preinstalled apps

Dear all,

we are quite new to Workspace One and have trouble with the following task. We are quite restrictive to any app, therefore we have created a profile with the Default Permission Policy ' Deny all permissions' . This setting is applied to all managed apps as well as preinstalled apps. However, I cannot figure out how to grant specific permissions to these preinstalled apps. Some apps are installable via Google Playstore (e.g. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sec.android.gallery3d ). But others, like foto-editor (pre installed app called when editing a photo from within the gallery) are not available in play store. I assume, these apps are available in Samsung Galaxy Store which, in fact, is not part of the airwatch console. I also tried adding a preinstalled app via its bundle id but had no luck. Does anyone know how to handle this issue? I don't want to give up our restrictive approach by changing the permission policy.

TIA Roman

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
CoreyWood
Contributor
Contributor

Roman,

The way I have configured it for our devices is to have a default profile blocking all native apps assigned to all devices by default if the user and/or device is not part of an assignment group, and if the user and/or device is part of an assignment group, the default profile is not applied and the allowed native apps profile is then applied.  Workspace ONE UEM has options under the profile's General section to exclude smart groups or if you would like to go another route and add exclusions within the smart groups them selves to exclude user groups from the Assignment Groups (Smart Groups).  Hope this helps.

Thank you,
Corey
0 Kudos
snapseedpc123
Contributor
Contributor

Snapseed for Mac capabilities, benefits, and how it improves the photo-editing experience on desktop PCs .

0 Kudos