VMware Workspace ONE Community
antherITguy
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Change Console URL

Does anyone know of a way to change the Console URL after Workspace One UEM has already been installed?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
ScottDesliu
Contributor
Contributor

What we do is have our network group create a CName for the URL and direct users to the CName.
0 Kudos
LukeDC
Expert
Expert

Never done it, but I would think you could do it here:
From Global org:
All Settings / System / Advanced / Site URLs

I would also think you'd just want to run the console installer on your consoles and update the URL etc. Lot of things to think about here really.

0 Kudos
antherITguy
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Yeah, I tried to re-run the 1811 install but I was not given the option to change the URL.  I may have to wait until 1812 is available.

I also thought about just changing the URL under Site URLs but figured there was more behind the scenes changes required.
0 Kudos
Mario_Giese
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi,
we recently done this in a 9.7 environment and we did it the safe way:

uninstall Workspace UEM on Console and Device Service Server.
Reinstall both Servers and enter the new console URL while installing.
Everything worked afterwards without problems.

There are redirects to console URL in the default.asmx on the IIS and stuff like this. I was not sure if this is changed if you just change it in All Settings > Site URLs, thats why we did it this way.

Other things to consider:
proxy execptions / activation
DNS entry should be there or changes in host files if servers can't get the name via DNS
monitoring of console has to be changed
maybe reinstall of awcm securechannel certificate on device service server (was not needed after our change but could be)
Email Notification Service v2 continued working afterwards. Support told us that we have to send them the cns secure channel certificate after changing the console url for activation on cns server but it worked without that step.

BR Mario

0 Kudos
antherITguy
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Uninstall/re-install worked well.

Thanks
0 Kudos