VMware Workspace ONE Community
btrabue
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Cellular numbers not importing into AirWatch

I have a group of nearly 1600 iPads in one Org Unit that all have a data connection.  Of those 1600 devices there are about 240 devices that did not pull in the cellular number when the devices were enrolled.  I can look in the list view and pull a report from the Intelligence hub and neither will populate the number for those devices.  Any one have any ideas why these didn't pull in the number and what I can do to resolve this?  Hopefully re-enrolling isn't my only option.  Thanks!
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
9 Replies
RichB2u2
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

I checked our 230 iPhones and all of them have reported a phone number. For some reason about half of them have a ' +1'  in front of the number and the others don't. Sorry that doesn't help you solve your issue though.
0 Kudos
LSIMM
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi Rich,

I've noticed the same thing with our fleet here in Australia but had assumed maybe it was a regional issue. Although the difference is our fleet comprises 99% Android and most do not show the mobile number, with only a small handful reporting it back to the console.  To date I've not been able to work out any pattern (different OS versions, different models, different users etc).

Additionally we also run another MDM and this shows the same issue, so it doesnt appear to be unique to Airwatch.

Keen to find out how to get this working though.

Leo
0 Kudos
anonymousmigrat
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I*ve seen a similar thing these days on a Customers SaaS-Environment 19.02.0.7 with a couple of Android Devices in Germany, currently in pre-production. Right now no device (there just two, re-enrollment doesn`t do a thing) is reporting back phone numbers. While the devices say ' SIM Card Status Normal'  they report back ' SIM Not Detected'  under Phone Number in Device View. Guess that`s worth a ticket. Haven't found anything on the Known/Fixed issues in the 1902/1903 notes.

However, the Enviroment is scheduled for update next monday to 1903, we`ll see if that changes the behaviour.

0 Kudos
LukeDC
Expert
Expert

Check on privacy rules and telecom settings. I've had this happen when I went to disable telecom settings and it affected number retrieval inadvertently. It took awhile for devices to start sending the info back in again as well.
0 Kudos
anonymousmigrat
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Very good point Luke!

Unfortunately it is all set to ' Display and Collect'  and ' Display'  further below for ' Corporate Dedicated'  in my case.
0 Kudos
btrabue
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Below is what I found on AirWatch's website.  We had an iPad here in the office that was not showing the number and I was able to test with it some.  We went as far as replacing the SIM card and it did not make a difference. 

Issue Description
In the AirWatch Console, some devices do not show their associated phone number.  These devices instead display ' SIM not detected' .

Issue Resolution
This field is pulled directly from the settings on the device.  If the number does not show on this page, it will not be pulled into the AirWatch Console:

Android - Settings > About Phone > Status > Sim Status > My Phone Number
iOS - Settings > Phone > My Phone Number
0 Kudos
FelipeSilvaFeli
Contributor
Contributor

We had the same issue in Australia. We've worked with AirWatch support for almost 2 months they collected heaps of logs from the device also they've tracked the communication between the device and the AirWatch console then they finally said the issue was related to the service provider. They said that the SIM card wasn't reporting its number to the console so they closed the case.

The weird thing is we've got customers that SIM Number is displayed and some that the SIM Number is not displayed. Does not matter if the device is either iOS or Android the issue has been happening with some customer and it doesn't happen with others.

0 Kudos
FelipeSilvaFeli
Contributor
Contributor

Bryan, could you please share that document (link) that you've seen about it? I couldn't find.

Cheers.
0 Kudos
btrabue
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

0 Kudos