VMware Workspace ONE Community
thoraldq
Contributor
Contributor

Cannot launch Horizon View apps from workspace one access console

Hi Team. I am unable to launch my on premise horizon apps from WS1 access console. I've enabled SAML on connection server, add the root CA cert to access one connector and have done several syncs but to no avail. 

thoraldq_0-1666923038207.png

Here's the audit log

Here’s the audit log

{

"baseType" : "Action",

"uuid" : "4fd2c5ff-9517-4e19-bd75-301d6baeae6c",

"timestamp" : 1666912572166,

"organizationId" : null,

"tenantId" : "BANK-OF-SOUTH-PACIFIC-LTD",

"actorId" : 8270007,

"actorUserName" : "u27782",

"actorDomain" : "bsp.pg.internal",

"actorUuid" : "4e6a4edf-fe3d-4f3a-b1c8-b6dd0b097469",

"clientId" : "",

"deviceId" : "Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/106.0.0.0 Safari/537.36 Edg/106.0.1370.52",

"workspaceId" : "",

"sourceIp" : "202.165.194.65",

"objectType" : "LAUNCH_ERROR",

"objectId" : "5ca6e8cf-cfcb-48fa-b9dc-af5c09be7d4c",

"objectName" : null,

"values" : {

"deviceType" : "browser",

"success" : "false",

"actorExternalId" : "b39f8f8d-52af-4410-892f-d20856c16f55",

"failureMessage" : "Metadata has expired. Please ask your administrator to perform a sync. Please verify the time sync to avoid launch failures so that expired metadata is refreshed at Horizon side.",

"resourceType" : null

}

}

Thanks

0 Kudos
4 Replies
ogushia
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

There is information in the troubleshooting guide that re-sync and resaving the Virtual App Collection may fix similar issues.

https://docs.vmware.com/en/VMware-Workspace-ONE-Access/services/ws1-access-resources/GUID-5D134A09-9...
>Solution
>1. In the Workspace ONE Access console, select Resources > Virtual Apps Collections.
>2. Select the Horizon virtual apps collection and click Sync > Sync with safeguards or Sync > Sync without safeguards to sync Horizon resources to Workspace ONE Access again.
>3. Click Edit to edit the virtual apps collection, click Next in the wizard until the last page appears, then click Save.

yajimad
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I saw the same massage today after migrating from VMware Identity Manager Connector to Workspace ONE Access Connector.

In my case, I have addeed Horizon Connection Server to Non Proxy Hosts list while installing Workspace ONE Access Connector and the issue resolved.

Installing the Workspace ONE Access Connector (vmware.com)

Hope this helps anyone who saw the same massage.

FredericLOUKA
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

Just to share our experience: we had the same issue after upgrading our connection server to 2306 version yesterday.

We had to modify the locked.properties file and added the url portal host and the host balanced entrie to access to our VIP admin console page.

We forgot to add the url of each Connection Server, in charge of the the SAML requests coming from the Workspace One Accesss (as it is configured in our Workspace One Access Virtual Apps collection).

After making this changes, restarting the Connection Server Service and wait for 5, 6 minutes, everything worked again (on each Connection Server of course).

Fred

0 Kudos
Franck_HELIE
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you, you saved my time...

This post was realy usefull in my case. I had the same issue when trying to launch an app from Workspace ONE Access, message was :

"Metadata has expired. Please ask your administrator to perform a sync. Please verify the time sync to avoid launch failures so that expired metadata is refreshed at Horizon side."

As explained, adding the HRZ connection servers hostnames in the non proxy host list of the WOA Connector servers proxy configuration, restarting WOA services & resync the Apps Collection, solve my issue.

0 Kudos