VMware Workspace ONE Community
pixel3shakesfis
Contributor
Contributor

Cannot get past security certificate screen for Corporate Outlook--Pixel 3

Essentially, I work for a company (Celgene) that uses an app called Airwatch Intelligent Hub, which manages their employees' device access to such things like Outlook.  In other words, Intelligent Hub gets installed from the Play store, which then automatically installs locked down versions of Outlook, Excel, etc.  User is required to select/approve a bunch of certificates, which I have.  Then, when I go to log in to Outlook app, I get an error message that says I need to choose a higher level of security in order to log into the MS Exchange authentication process.  However, no security certificates get presented... as if a popup is being blocked.  My company says it's a known issue with Google Pixel phones.  They say the app developer Airwatch is aware.  But I'd like to know if anyone else has this issue with their corporate-managed Outlook, or if anyone has a solution??  Thanks.

PS: my firm uses Airwatch to partition the phone into profiles: Personal & Work.  The work profile is where the Outlook app resides with a lock icon to denote ' work.'   I am able to hit the login screen, but once I enter username and password, it presents me with the error: ' For security reasons, we require additional information to verify your account.  Select a certificate that you want to use for authentication. If you cancel the operation, please close your browser and try again.'   As mentioned above though, there is nothing to select... it's a dead-end screen. 
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
chengtmskcc
Expert
Expert

Hi there,

We are working with a VMware consultant on deploying Microsoft Outlook as it involves setting up VMware Workspace ONE Access (or Identity Manager) as this app no longer supports the same authentication protocol used by the native mail client (i.e. Gmail or others.) We have Exchange on-premises and slowly moving to a hosted solution also. Is your setup the same or similar?

Best,

Tom
0 Kudos
mpbrooks2007
Contributor
Contributor

We are having this issue on google pixel devices but with other O365 apps such as skype and onedrive. Did they find a solution for you?
0 Kudos
pixel3shakesfis
Contributor
Contributor

Update: a wonderful mobility tech from my company helped out with some back-end configuration changes to help solve this issue for time being.  :-).  Seems that the consensus is that the latest Android OS version has some security built in which contradicts the Airwatch Intelligent Hub process.  Perhaps the next OS version will solve it, or perhaps not.  But this is now a verified issue outside of Pixel phone, as Samsung Galaxy Note users are experiencing it.  Thus far, Google & Airwatch have not provided any assistance, so your local IT group will likely have to solve it.  I do not have the tech details on how this was solved, unfortunately.  Thanks for reading!

0 Kudos
mpbrooks2007
Contributor
Contributor

Any chance you can get me in contact with them? I can send you my email through message if you can. I'm still fighting this issue and can figure out a fix for it.

0 Kudos