VMware Workspace ONE Community
DDunaway
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Cannot connect Workspace to load balanced Horizon View Connection Servers

Hi,

I recently setup Workspace for a customer who has their connection servers behind a load balancer. I am able to connect workspace to the connection servers directly, but not using the DNS name for the virtual server (load balancer)

using View 6.1 and Workspace 2.1.1 here.

vcon1 (connection server 1)

vcon2 (connection server 2)

"vdi.company.com" is pointed to the virtual server (load balancer) for the connection servers.

if I configure workspace to connect to just a single broker, each time a user chooses to hit a vdi desktop from within workspace, the connection is sent to "vcon1" and not "vdi"

configuring workspace to connect to "vdi" fails with an error about not being able to resolve the url (vdi.company.com)

using the view client or web browser works just fine when going to "vdi.company.com", its just that workspace cant make the connection when configuring it.

we are allowing 80 and 443 through the load balancer to the connection servers. is it possible that another port is used by workspace to sync or connect with view?

Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
2 Replies
rhilim
Contributor
Contributor

Were you ever able to resolve this?  I'm running into the same situation.

0 Kudos
JumpyJW
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Not sure if this is applicable to you or not but here is what needs to be done for workspace to pass auth. to view.

Assuming this is for external connections.

1) Firstly, check to make sure you can connect to view via LB URL fine. ie. view.company.com via Horizon Client directly.

2) If (1) works then you need to configure Workspace's connection policy of your connection source network range to point to the LB URL of View. ie. view.company.com

3) Need to also make sure the SAML authenticator within the horizon connection server settings have the externally accessible address of workspace. ie. workspace.company.com/SAAS/API/1.0/GET/metadata/idp.xml. This is done within the view connection server settings (authentication tab).

0 Kudos