VMware Workspace ONE Community
OVACSO
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Can't install any apps on new Samsung device

AirWatch v 9.2.0.408. Been using Agent v8.0, Launcher v3.2.2.3 no issues until I received two new Samsung Galaxy J2 Core devices running Android 8.1.
I sideloaded the Agent and enrolled OK but any apps auto or manually pushed just show 'Downloading' under the Managed Apps list. They never download and install.
I have also tried installing the latest Agent (Hub) from Google Play but that made no difference. As far as I can tell, I have given all the necessary permissions to the apps and the relevant device admin rights. I can install the apps manually (sideloading) just fine. Not sure what is going on here, anyone with suggestions?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
OlegKiselev
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi Ovation,

New Samsung devices under Andorid 8.1 and higher need access to internet (Google Play) for downloading apps. Also you can check ' SafetyNet attestation'  in AirWatch Console at All Setting > Devices & Users > Android > Intelligent Hub Settings and set ' SafetyNet App Verification'  to disabled state.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
OlegKiselev
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi Ovation,

New Samsung devices under Andorid 8.1 and higher need access to internet (Google Play) for downloading apps. Also you can check ' SafetyNet attestation'  in AirWatch Console at All Setting > Devices & Users > Android > Intelligent Hub Settings and set ' SafetyNet App Verification'  to disabled state.

0 Kudos
OVACSO
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thank you for the response Oleg. I can't find that 'SafetyNet App Verification' setting, could be my version of AW. The needing access to Internet is a problem though as the internal network that the devices are on does not have that access for security reasons. This does give me an avenue of exploration though.
0 Kudos