VMware Workspace ONE Community
JesperK
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Can not delete Assignment group

Hello!
I´m trying to delete an assignment group, but get the message " Smart Groups cannot be deleted when assigned to a policy or used as an assignment exclusion".
The group is assigned to early versions of an app (see attachment). The app was then deleted without removing the assignments first, so the group in question is now assigned to a non-existent app
I cannot restore those versions of the app, so I have no way of removing the assignment.

Any ideas on how to delete the group?

With best regards

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MatthewSwenson
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

So this might be one of the cases where the delete button for the application doesn't actually delete the application, but rather de-activates it.  I suggest digging around to see if you can find the app in your inactive apps.  You may have to unassign it and then delete it again.  I still have yet to understand why some of the delete buttons do something other than delete and don't tell you so...  But that is my hunch.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
cloudmaster2017
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

If your cloud hosted, the WS1 DB team might have to go into the DB and fix it, since its in a state where you can not fix it yourself.  

I didn't think it would let you do that to yourself, but I have not tested this exact work flow.

0 Kudos
MatthewSwenson
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

So this might be one of the cases where the delete button for the application doesn't actually delete the application, but rather de-activates it.  I suggest digging around to see if you can find the app in your inactive apps.  You may have to unassign it and then delete it again.  I still have yet to understand why some of the delete buttons do something other than delete and don't tell you so...  But that is my hunch.

JesperK
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks Matthew, that was indeed the case.
I had not noticed that you could filter the list... (it was set to show just active apps).
I have now unassigned it and can delete the groups in question.

Thank you for your help!

0 Kudos