VMware Workspace ONE Community
Starfox4347
Contributor
Contributor

Can I use SAML 2.0 to authenticate zero clients?

Hi everyone,

I am relatively new to the idea of using Identity Manager to authenticate Horizon View sessions and have ran in to a blocker.

As stated in the title, I have a Horizon View 7 installation using Identity Manager as a SAML authentication server for VDI sessions presented through Workspace One. I wanted to leave the SAML authentication as "required" within the View server, but have not discovered a way to authenticate the zero clients (teradici variants) against the ID Manager.

Is there something really obvious that I am missing or is it just not possible.

Just for a bit of information:

- Each zero terminal will be used by multiple users within the same domain

- VDI sessions that users access will be from both zero clients and thick clients using Workspace One

- VDI pools are distributed around multiple geographical locations managed by a single VCSA using a centralized Horizon/ID Manager instance

Many thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
DaveG_QVC
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Have the same question but we have not yet tested (so more looking for a can it be done before wasting a lot of time trying to figure it out...which I will be starting this week). Horizon 7.01, IDM 2.6 and we are only concerned with the internal traffic (so our Access Point 2.6 are not relevant) since zero clients will only be able to connect from the internal network.

We currently have the connection servers set to "Allowed" for SAML authentication.

0 Kudos