VMware Workspace ONE Community
JoeTingley
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Can I add a web link onto the iOS Dock? Can I add it to in Restrictions to Show Icon?

Title says it all. I'm trying to create an icon on the iOS dock that goes directly to a designated website. I've got a Content Filter that sends Safari to it directly, but I really want users to simply see an Icon on the desktop for it instead of hitting Safari and thinking they have free reign of the internet. All about perception, you know how it is.

I've tried adding the website link into the Show Apps, but I'm guessing there is more to it, or it can't be done.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
gmanjohal
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi, you need to add the app; com.apple.webapp so the device knows to allow the link. You can add it to the dock by using the layout profile/compliance. 

View solution in original post

4 Replies
chengtmskcc
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

I'm quite certain it's not possible to put a web clip in the home dock as it's not an app, but you sure can create web clip so it appears somewhere on the home screen. I have yet to test if both content filter and web clip can work on the same device though.

0 Kudos
JoeTingley
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

This came up again today so I wanted to ask - I have a restriction profile that only allows some apps. This also seems to prevent the web link I've created from showing up as well. If I remove the restriction profile, it's there just fine. Anyone know how to make the system respect an assigned Web Link?

0 Kudos
gmanjohal
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi, you need to add the app; com.apple.webapp so the device knows to allow the link. You can add it to the dock by using the layout profile/compliance. 

JoeTingley
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thanks gmanjohal - That com.apple.webapp did the trick and my links now show on the desktop.