VMware Workspace ONE Community
DharmarajanSeet
Contributor
Contributor

Camera is not user friendly in COPE Mode

Hi Guys

After enrolling the device in cope mode successfully. When I open the camera and take picture on personal or work mode, I cannot access the picture directly from the camera app. And also I cannot change the wallpaper as well. By default all these options are blocked? Do I need to a profile to unlock it?

Can someone please help.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
RicardoPachecoR
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Depending on the platform, the profiles should have the options to manage access to the photos. I work mostly with iOS devices. New profiles have most options enabled. You would use the profile to block. However, if you are using a Corporate Profile on a device that is to be used as a personal one, OR Created a Profile for COPE from a 'Copy' of a Corporate there may be a Corporate policy that disallows access to the photos.

Look at the phone record in the console and determine which profiles are installed on the device is question. Review all of the restrictions and compare against an enrolled, personally owned, device that does have access to the photos.

0 Kudos
DharmarajanSeet
Contributor
Contributor

I haven't pushed any profile so far. I have pushed only applications.

- Switch the Device
- Zero touch Enrolment enabled
- Type the username and Password
- Then cope is enabled and all the apps are pushed

I haven't pushed any profile for restrictions. I understand if it is not user friendly in the work side but on the private side also the case. Let me check the restrictions.
0 Kudos
DharmarajanSeet
Contributor
Contributor

You need to enable DPC in the Zero touch portal to enabled all the system apps.

In the Zero touch enrolment you will see DPC extras and in that type this command.

' android.app.extra.PROVISIONING_LEAVE_ALL_SYSTEM_APPS_ENABLED'  : true, ' android.app.extra.PROVISIONING_ADMIN_EXTRAS_BUNDLE' : { ' serverurl' : ' your tenant url' ,
                                    ' gid' : ' your org group id in airwatch' } }

Hope this helps
0 Kudos