VMware Workspace ONE Community
HERNDONBRENT
Contributor
Contributor

Camera and NO Gallery within Workspace

Folks, I just recenlty enrolled a Samsung S7 into Workspace (using Work Profile).  My question is how are you guys using the Camera within Workspace when it comes to taking pictures and then wanting to pull them up like you would via the Gallery?  I cannot seem to pull up any pic I take from the camera in Workspace like I would with the Camera and Gallery outside of Workspace?  
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
10 Replies
Boe_K
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

We ran into this issue back in Feb and choose to disable the Work Camera altogether and instead use a restrictions profile so that the Work and Personal sides could talk to each other when needed. This allowed our BYOD users to just use their normal Camera app and still attach a photo when needed in Boxer on the Work Profile.
0 Kudos
HERNDONBRENT
Contributor
Contributor

Boe, where did you go in the profile configuration to make the Work and the Personal sides talk to each other?  We pretty much allow users to download apps and take pics, etc just like it was their own personal phone.  We only set them up so they can get company email (no other apps).
0 Kudos
Boe_K
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hey Herndon its at the both of the Restrictions Profile the section is labelled ' Work & Personal'
0 Kudos
SandyFisher
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

We had the same issue and in our case we assigned the Samsung Gallery app via play store. Now we have the camera app and the gallery within the work profile (workspace).
0 Kudos
HERNDONBRENT
Contributor
Contributor

Sandy....thanks Sandy.  I may give that a go here and see how it goes.  Seems pretty easy and quick.
0 Kudos
HERNDONBRENT
Contributor
Contributor

Boe...we went through the Work & Personal settings and pretty much turned them all on.  I also unchecked the Allow Camera under the Applications list at the top under the Restrictions. 
0 Kudos
Boe_K
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Herndon that's what we did as well it, we looked at what Sandy did but our upper management didn't want to have to potentially push a number of different calendar apps out since all of our mobile devices our BYOD. Either way you have two solutions to choose from now 🙂
0 Kudos
HERNDONBRENT
Contributor
Contributor

Boe…I am liking your method at the moment because it allows me to just have the one main camera that can communicate
with Personal and Work.  And it allows me to just have ONE Gallery.  Keep you posted of any other things I am seeing.
0 Kudos
Littlecube
Contributor
Contributor

We did a backup of the stock android gallery and pushed it as a product, that way we can still have a work camera and gallery and a personal camera and gallery.
0 Kudos
RobertoNeto
Contributor
Contributor

Use Application control profile and enable System Apps in addition you need to create a whitelist with the App bundle IDs.

0 Kudos