DANYBOUFFARD
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Calendar App for Android for Work

Hi,

I want to now what calendar app do you uses with your users that are enrolled using Android for Work ?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
7 Replies
MHaagSoehner
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hey Dany,

I've been using Boxer ever since VMware integrated it. I've never had any issues with it and my users like it.

I used the native client before boxer and that worked fine aswell (that was back when the Galaxy S5/S6 were new so I don't know if its still as good).

Cheers!
Max
0 Kudos
BDBos
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

We often use the Outlook App. These can now be managed well with AppConfig.
0 Kudos
LukeDC
Expert
Expert

Just to be clear, Outlook can be ' configured'  by AppConfig, but email is not ' managed'  by airwatch while using outlook. The only thing you can do is manage the app itself, i.e. remove the app etc. The rest of the solutions are truly managed containers using airwatch. Android really also depends on the hardware vendor, Samsung, etc. By default you can always deploy email to the GMAIL app as well if you can't decide on any other solution.
0 Kudos
Boe_K
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Dany we original used GMail and Google Calendar but later switched to Boxer before fulling rolling it out to all our users. Either option works we just found our power users prefer the Boxer approach as its better for GAL lookup and more convenient to have everything built into One app. We looked at the Outlook app but since we go thru a SEG V2 and have the ' Managed Device'  compliance policy enabled Outlook was a no go as it shows up as an Unmanaged app and I really didn't want to manually review and approve 3500 devices 🙂
0 Kudos
gtstick
Contributor
Contributor

Hey Dany, My company uses Gmail as our calendar and email app for Android users. We don't have many users using Android, me being one of them, and most were accustomed to the Gmail app anyways so it was an easy solution. I setup profiles for both Gmail and Boxer in case someone wanted to switch to Boxer or as a company we switch later. But made the Boxer app an optional install for the end-user. I agree with Boe K. the unmananged/managed was a nightmare having to whitelist devices when using SEG V2 and ' Managed Device'  compliance policy.
0 Kudos
Boe_K
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

To be clear David we only had that issue when trying to use the Outlook App. Boxer and Gmail both get detected properly and slide right thru 🙂
0 Kudos
gtstick
Contributor
Contributor

Yes it was the same for us when we tried using the Outlook app and Native app after the 1903 release. Since the end of support for the Play store integration we switched to Gmail and Boxer profiles and it's BAU 🙂
0 Kudos