VMware Workspace ONE Community
ChrisPlatt
Contributor
Contributor

Boxer replying to emails no RE:

Hi, I have been asked why there is no RE: added to the subject line when replying to an email using Boxer, I am not sure this is a new thing or has always been the case. You get a FWD: when forwarding.
Does anyone out there know if this is ever worked?

App version 5.10.0.1
Android device.

Thanks in advance Chris
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
8 Replies
troysp
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hello,

This appears to only be happening with Android devices.  I have a test Android and iOS device and only the iOS Boxer app adds the RE: to the reply subject line. I would open a ticket with VMware on this issue.  They are pretty responsive but something like this may not get fixed until a Boxer update obviously.  I just wanted to confirm with you that we have the issue also on Android devices using Boxer.

Regards
Troy
0 Kudos
ChrisPlatt
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the response Troy.
0 Kudos
BRIANJENKINSBRI
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Same experience here: iOS working, Android not showing the 'Re:'
0 Kudos
ChrisPlatt
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks Brian, A ticket has been logged with support. I am on the BETA for Boxer and this feature exists in 5.12.0.7 also it certainly something they seem to have missed.
0 Kudos
ChrisPlatt
Contributor
Contributor

Here is the official response.

Hello Chris,

Greetings for the day!

Please be informed that ' Re'  string has been removed from Android Boxer as an UX improvement since Boxer shows the Subject of the most-recent message in a thread, and this typically used to end up including the 'Re:' prefix, making the list look cluttered.

Feel free to ask for any further assistance. We'd be happy to assist!
0 Kudos
TREVORGIPSON
Contributor
Contributor

Android is to blame. We've verified this in our Workspace One / Boxer environment as well. iOS is fine.
0 Kudos
JillRieman
Contributor
Contributor

I am also having this issue with Boxer version 5.13.1.1 (Build Date: 12/30/2019) on the Android devices (not iOS) and the users are complaining. They want the ' RE:'  added to the subject of their replies. In the past that WAS added to replies.
0 Kudos
JillRieman
Contributor
Contributor

I have the same version of Boxer installed on 2 different Android devices and one DOES add the ' RE:'  to the subject of an email reply & the other does NOT.  VMWare Support told me this appears to be an issue with Android, not the Boxer app. That is accurate.

Both Samsung Android devices running Boxer 5.14.03 (Build Date 1/14/2020):

Galaxy S10+ running Android OS 10 (carrier: AT&T)  - security patch level 1/1/2020 and the ' RE:'  DOES appear on Boxer email replies
Galaxy S8 - running Android OS 9 (carrier: Sprint)    -  security patch level 1/1/2020 and the ' RE:'  does NOT appear

After installing the 1/26/2020 Software update to my Android device (Samsung Galaxy) the ' Re:'  is once again being added to the subject of the email reply.  I had opened a support request on this issue when the Android Boxer version 5.14.0.3 (Build Date 01/14/2020) would resolve it but it did not. VMWare support indicated that it appeared to be an issue with Android (not Boxer) as the feature worked on the iOS devices.
0 Kudos