VMware Workspace ONE Community
FHLB
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Boxer on Beta version?

Been out for a couple days, We just started enrolling a bunch of users after we said everything is working correctly. everyones Boxer app on IOS says BETA on it.  Why are my users getting BETA apps of Boxer. i dont recall ever setting a setting like that. Anyone know where this is? Will it require removing and reenrolling?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Boe_K
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Jon it looks like they just updated Boxer again to remove the Beta tag so you should be good to go now 🙂

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
chryma64
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Our iOS devices are exhibiting the same behavior.  We noticed it this afternoon.
0 Kudos
FHLB
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Yeah it's weird right. We are new to this so trying to figure out what is going on.
0 Kudos
Boe_K
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

This was a glitch on WS1/VMware's end as they pushed either the wrong version or the wrong icon to the Apple App Store with the latest update. Hopefully they get this fixed soon as it has caused some confusion and frustration with our users as well.
0 Kudos
FHLB
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

well that's good to know. Any word on if this will require users to have to resetup boxer?

Did you get that from VMware or an article somewhere? Not sure where I need to look to get that type of information. I was about to open a support ticket but it seems to be known so i won't.
0 Kudos
Boe_K
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Jon nothing has been publicly posted by them. They deploy beta's via Test Flight once you join the beta community so this is definitely a goof on their part.
0 Kudos
Boe_K
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Jon it looks like they just updated Boxer again to remove the Beta tag so you should be good to go now 🙂

0 Kudos
FHLB
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Never used Test Flight. I tried pushing an update to the boxer app via the console but the beta tag was still there. i removed and readded to the app to the device via the console and the tag removed. Since we are currently deploying this to users that will help the rest, but do i need to remove the app and readd it on everyone who enrolled previously or should it just autoupdate?

0 Kudos