VMware Workspace ONE Community
syarbrou
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Boxer install asks for email address

Had an issue with our dev system of WS1 that we don't know what happened.  The configuration between dev and prod look identical but when we enroll in dev with my network credentials, and install Boxer, it's asking me to enter my email address.  In prod it has the email pre-defined and is just asking for the password.  As mentioned other than the SEG V2 URL which one is dev and one prod, all the settings I am checking are the same.  Any thoughts?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
10 Replies
Mario_Giese
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi,

since we updated our on prem environment to 2008.0.16 we have issues with hub app and boxer config is not getting pushed to iOS and Android devices too if we enroll new devices.
We see HMAC errors in Troubleshooting on device details.
Hub App on iOS is not showing account details on startup page, just an empty grey circle.
But console says, the device is enrolled.
Tried to update to WSO 2011 but same.

Do you see similar things on your side?

0 Kudos
BethC
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

When we encounter this issue, I usually have to do the following:

1. Force Close the Boxer app on the device and wait a few minutes if that doesn't work   > force close it again and....

2. Go into the console and send the install command from App & Books > Public > Boxer (look the device up under assigned) 

3. Open the Boxer app and let it sit there for a few minutes to see if it populates. 

Don't have a good resolution but that is the best workaround I have been able to come up with. 

0 Kudos
syarbrou
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hey Mario, for us it's odd.  Both our environments are on 2008 however prod works and dev doesn't.  We have seen SSO errors.  Hub seems to install and load fine.  We do see that account details issue you mentioned but haven't really been able to tie it to Boxer as it can be fine but Boxer fails.

0 Kudos
syarbrou
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hey Beth,

This is a bit ridiculous however are you saying leave the app installed but try pushing it out again so it will hopefully push out the settings?  Your item 3 also below, not sure if it is similar but I have seen where you load Boxer and it shows to enter your email address, then a few seconds later it vanishes and is now asking for your password.

0 Kudos
Mario_Giese
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Turned out that we had a problem with secure channel communication between devices and WSO environment.
This is caused by the latest .NET Windows Update which was released this january. It breaks the communication.
https://kb.vmware.com/s/article/82294?lang=en_US.

syarbrou
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Mario, you rock!!!  We are still testing in our dev environment, but looks like this may have fixed it.  Based on the article, found it odd.  We are on Windows 2012 R2 and some servers had one patch and some had the other.  No clue how that works but hoping this truly did it.  Thanks again.  Will report back if we have any issues still.

0 Kudos
Noordan
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

thank you very much @Mario_Giese. I struggled into this in two of my customers last week, where they had applied this patch at nearly the same time. This saved my a lot of headache.

Regards,
Noordan

0 Kudos
Noordan
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

0 Kudos
mvora
Contributor
Contributor

Just want to mention this is still an issue with the February .NET patches, we had to remove them today.

Noordan
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Workspace One patches seems to be out for version 2008 and 2011 in order to fix the .NETissue that breaks secure channel communication, app config, and so on.

Patches for the following Workspace ONE UEM version are made available on the resource portal. Please click on the link below and log in with your account details to download these patches. 

https://kb.vmware.com/s/article/82294?lang=en_US 

0 Kudos