VMware Workspace ONE Community
Arfer99
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Boxer crashing when composing email

The new version of Boxer v21.09.0.2 released 4th October has a huge issue that is causing the app to crash when composing an email.

We have logged a support ticket and this is the summary provided by VMware Support:

Summary of the issue: Android Boxer app crash issue-Multiple devices impacted with Boxer v21.09.0.2 on Android 9, 10 and 11 devices. The app is crashing when ComposeEmail action is performed (New Mail, Reply, Forward) and also when attaching a file in email.

Is anyone else seeing this issue?

VMware have passed it to their product team and have said it may be fixed with the next version in 9 weeks!!!

VMware Internal Ref: BINXA-15711

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
syarbrou
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

We are mostly an Apple house but of course our CIO has an Android so one of the .05% we support on Android but obviously one of the most critical.  I have seen this issue as well in my test device and he has started complaining about it as well.  We are trying to move all our users to MDM and Boxer and need his support to make this happen.  He was on board but not sure that will sustain if the app is crashing and unfortunately we can't control releases on the Android side like we can with Apple.  His is crashing when creating emails and have seen it on my test device as well.

0 Kudos