VMware Workspace ONE Community
MosesByun
Contributor
Contributor

Boxer crashes on Pixel 3 running Android 10

Is anyone experiencing latest version of Boxer 5.10.0.1 crashing on Pixel 3 running Android 10 enrolled as Android Enterprise Work Profile? I've experienced this on 2 different Pixel 3 devices, one running Android 10 and the other running Android 9.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
chengtmskcc
Expert
Expert

While we don't use Boxer just yet, several of my users including myself experienced mail sync issues with the managed Gmail app. After deleting the device record and/or records in Exchange, we were able to sync mail again.
0 Kudos
ChristophBaecke
Contributor
Contributor

I have the same Boxer-Version running on an Pixel 3 XL with Android 10 in Work Profile. No crashes here. However I have multiple Mailboxes configured, being an Exchange 16 onprem the one that´s getting pushed via Console I have added two more mailboxes manually that are O365-Hosted and those are only getting pulled by forcing manually syncing and then getting the device being blocked for 16-20 minutes with no push-notifications working recently. It worked all as intended back in August.

Unfortunately due to the number of changes I can`t say if this is an Android 10 or an Boxer-Update issue.

I would recommend opening a ticket on your issue Moses. Try to retrieve Boxer-Logs and Device-Logs from the console or directly from a device, that might help getting a clue what is going on.
0 Kudos
Boe_K
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hey Moses we have Boxer running on 853 Android devices 53 of them are Android 10 and 572 are Android 9.0 and so far no one has reported this issue to me. I personally use a Pixel 3 XL running Android 10 and have not seen the issue at all.

Google pushed out a new build of Android 10 to the Pixel devices a few days ago have you tried updating to it to see if it resolves your issue?

https://www.droid-life.com/2019/09/24/that-new-android-10-build-from-yesterday-is-showing-up-as-ota-...

0 Kudos
MosesByun
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, I installed the Android 10 update but still experienced the issue. Apparently, this seems to be isolated to my QA environment as enrolling the same device in my production environment does not produce the same symptoms. Boxer settings in both environments are configured exactly the same. I'll be comparing other settings and will certainly open a support case.

0 Kudos
ChristophBaecke
Contributor
Contributor

Do you have different App-Config-Strings for Boxer in place between Lab and Production?
0 Kudos