VMware Workspace ONE Community
dmcclean
Contributor
Contributor

Boxer Widget - iOS

When adding the Boxer widget "Quick Info" onto the homescreen of an iPhone, it is supposed to show calendar and upcoming events... It has the date on the widget (Thursday, 24) but where there should be calendar events it just says "Events cannot be displayed due to security restrictions". How can the restrictions be removed to allow calendar data to show up in the widget? Thank you!

0 Kudos
4 Replies
AlexAskin
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi,

I faced the same situation and asked vmware for clarification. They responded:

„Our product team is still developing and planing to make this feature available for iOS on the 22.04 release“

Seems the functionality in Boxer was already shipped, but the management piece in the console (allow widget) is missing.

Alex

0 Kudos
ogushia
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Hi,
Calendar widget can be enabled, with following KVP in Application Configutration.
PolicyAllowCalendarWidget:boolean:true
■Requirements
 - iOS 14 and above
 - Boxer 22.03 
ogushia_0-1648622771222.png

dmcclean
Contributor
Contributor

This resolved the issue, thank you! 

0 Kudos
arejaydoubleyou
Contributor
Contributor

I set this up and event times are displaying in 24-hour time.  My iOS is not set for 24-hour time and I don't see anything in Boxer config settings or in app settings.  Also, if I just go to the calendar from within Boxer it shows in 12-hour time as expected.  How can times in the Widget be displayed in 12-hour time?  

0 Kudos