VMware Workspace ONE Community
jon_ng
Contributor
Contributor

Boxer ' Export contacts' creates many duplicates

My organisation recently introduced Workspace One for BYOD devices. I installed Boxer on my personal iPhone device, and chose to ' Export contacts'  to my device. However, this created 20+ duplicates for every contact I had. I tried ' Resync Contact Export Data' , but it didn't help. Please advise what I should do. Thanks.
Labels (1)
25 Replies
Scream529
Contributor
Contributor

I have the same problem. On my iPhone now I have 350 000+ contacts, basically 335 times every single contact.

I experience first with the release of Boxer 5.10.
I had no issue prior installing Boxer 5.10, even on iOS 13 GM.

With older version of Boxer I had zero issues when I did beta testing of iOS 13, just since iOS 13 GM became available and Boxer 5.10 was released.

I have a case with Support, but no update from support unfortunately. No workaround to remove contacts.

I reported this before iOS 13 GM became publicly available, the first day when I noticed the problem I had 220 000 contacts and my apps which would load the contact list were crashing. No having 350 000+ contacts and even the in-built iOS phone app and contacts app are all crashing too.

😄
0 Kudos
robloglisci11
Contributor
Contributor

Csaba - your comments are correct. What is disappointing is that its is now Monday 10/14 and this issue is going its second week. The initial issue also was 10 days to rectify.
Nothing from VMware regarding Boxer 5.12 and I'm skeptical that this new version won't introduce even more issues.
Apple gave all users access to iOS 13 for months, to have an enterprise messaging APP fail like this is problematic.

If VMware is monitoring this board - how about an update on 5.12 - when its due out. I'm sure that many of us will gladly beta test this for VMware / Workspace One.

My executives are not happy. 

We are on the brink of looking at alternative MDM solutions.

0 Kudos
Scream529
Contributor
Contributor

Robert - I just came from BES. 😄 Still in the progress of migrating the rest 40% of users over. Buuut they are not happy with Boxer, neither on Android or iOS. Higher management won't even get Boxer, they will stay using iOS default Mail client.
0 Kudos
robloglisci11
Contributor
Contributor

We like some of the Boxer restrictions such a restricting Copy and Paste. Since I work for a Bank, security drives our technology. If this wasn't the case, I would have dropped Boxer long ago.
I was hoping that VMware / Workspace One would have at least updated us on this issue. The first bug was reported on 9/24 and the new one on 10/4. Its been 10 days since we reported ' CNErrorDomain error 102' . I even reported this early in the AM on the 4th, at the time Boxer 5.11 was released. Nothing from VMWare. Very disappointing.

Someone from VMware / Workspace One owes each of us a callback to let us know where they are in the process.

0 Kudos
jpjp1
Contributor
Contributor

5.11.2 was released yesterday, I never had the issue, is it resolved, or still issues with both contacts and CNErrorDomain error 102
0 Kudos
robloglisci11
Contributor
Contributor

The CNErrorDomain 102 error is fixed with 5.11.2 but the duplicate contacts remain.  This is still a huge problem.  Hopefully this will be addressed with 5.12.
0 Kudos