VMware Workspace ONE Community
robertb2
Contributor
Contributor

Boxer 5.15 iOS - Won't connect to Exchange

We have managed and un-managed devices using Boxer 5.15 for iOS.  The managed devices are working, because we push all of the server information with the application.  On the un-managed devices, we can't add the account at all.  Our current Exchange setup is 98% on-premise and 2% Exchange Online.

We put in the email address and then hit "manual setup", then we press "Exchange".  Sometimes it tries to hit Exchange Online, even if the account isn't in EO.  If the account is still on-premise, then it just sits at the Exchange Online screen and says the account doesn't exist.  I'm sure this is an Exchange Online\Azure AD setting and not real worried about it.

But the other ones will fail out to "manual setup", instead of hitting EO which is what I want.  Once you hit that "manual setup" button, then the spinner icon comes up and never goes away.  I literally let an iPad sit for 4 hours and it never did anything.

I've also tried to put the settings in manually, but it will only try to connect with IMAP even when we put the SMTP port numbers in.  No matter what we put in, which matches what we push to managed devices, it comes back with a random failure message.

This only started happening with 5.14, but not with every account.  Now with 5.15, it happens with all accounts.  Anyone else seeing this?  I have opened a ticket with Boxer, but haven't heard back.

We have tested on multiple versions of iOS and it fails on each one.  We tested with Android and it works fine, so this is only with the iOS version of the app.

Labels (2)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
0 Replies