VMware Workspace ONE Community
JordonC
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Boxer 5.10.2 and IOS 13 Push Notifications not working.

Anybody else having issue with the lastest version of IOS Boxer (5.10.2) and ENS? We have had several end users that got an automatic update to Boxer 5.10.1 that is tagged as ' beta'  and they are getting the error ' could not update settings for the push notification service.'  We have been running on the Cloud version of ENS for a long time with zero issue up until this point. Now end users are not receiving push notifications.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
26 Replies
FHLB
Contributor
Contributor

Been having the issue since last week. Reenrolled and same thing, just works for a day or so and then stops working. I opened a ticket to see what they say. My own device seems to work just fine.

Could it be something with the SEG server? but i still dont know why mine would work fine and others wouldn't. we dont have seperate mail rules.
0 Kudos
DanielConner
Contributor
Contributor

Jon,

Do you see this error on your ENS ReSubscriptionMechanism log?

2019/09/29 03:58:15.198  9723a87d-560b-464e-baa0-5548d90ee327 [0000000-0000000]   (13)  Error ReSubscriptionMechanism.BusinessImpl.ProcessNotification.SendNotification Call to Notification Cloud failed for user : xxxx Status : ProtocolError :: System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (400) Bad Request.
   at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.EndGetResponse(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
   at ReSubscriptionMechanism.BusinessImpl.ProcessNotification._ReadResponseAsync(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
   at System.Net.LazyAsyncResult.Complete(IntPtr userToken)
   at System.Net.ContextAwareResult.CaptureOrComplete(ExecutionContext& cachedContext, Boolean returnContext)
   at System.Net.ContextAwareResult.FinishPostingAsyncOp()
   at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.BeginGetResponse(AsyncCallback callback, Object state)
0 Kudos
FHLB
Contributor
Contributor

Daniel C. Where would I find this? We are in the SaaS, so not sure where I would find this log. On the SEG?
0 Kudos
DanielConner
Contributor
Contributor

Jon,

we're on-premise so you would see this logs as you're SaaS. I see this errors on our ENS on-premise server.
0 Kudos
FHLB
Contributor
Contributor

I did find some other token errors for one of the users related to Boxer, issuing and then revoking. So i think that might tell me something. I sent it to VMWare.
0 Kudos
DanielConner
Contributor
Contributor

Sounds good, the errors I mentioned in yesterday ENS log have cleared up. No further reports of push notification delays.
0 Kudos
alex17pat
Contributor
Contributor

I can tell you what worked for me, what i did was this checked the internet connection.

0 Kudos