VMware Workspace ONE Community
JordonC
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Boxer 5.10.2 and IOS 13 Push Notifications not working.

Anybody else having issue with the lastest version of IOS Boxer (5.10.2) and ENS? We have had several end users that got an automatic update to Boxer 5.10.1 that is tagged as ' beta'  and they are getting the error ' could not update settings for the push notification service.'  We have been running on the Cloud version of ENS for a long time with zero issue up until this point. Now end users are not receiving push notifications.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
26 Replies
JordonC
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

And to add to this I found out today all the devices having issues have IOS 13 GM installed.  I was able to verify myself that once I upgraded a test iPhone XR to IOS 13 I received the same notification error and also...VIP notifications also is now greyed out. 
0 Kudos
DanielConner
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, I have this exact same error. We’re on premise and in reviewing the ENS database, all users on iOS 13 GM receive an invalid device token in the ENS database so... no push notifications.

I’ve opened up a ticket and so far have notemade progress.

We’ll see what happens tomorrow when ios13 is officially released

0 Kudos
JordonC
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Daniel.  Are your VIP notifications  greyed out as well?   I opened a ticket without any progress yet. Hopefully figured out before IOS 13 drops.

0 Kudos
DanielConner
Contributor
Contributor

Jordan,

Our VIP notifications are not greyed out.

You'll see invalid push tokens (see below) on all IOS 13 devices.

{length=32,bytes=0x9d46345f1f08ce3a7b6bdffcf9c6b95d...66e4c961321bd5a3}
0 Kudos
troysp
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hello,

I updated a device here also with 13.1 and it is not receiving push notifications either.  I have also opened a ticket and they basically said they would get back with me.  I can see in the device logs the length error you are referring to above.  Out of curiosity, what version of ENS are you running?  I am at 1.3.0.5 but 1.4.0.0 is out also.  We recently upgraded our on premise environment to 19.07 also.  I guess we will need to wait for some response from VMware but I may need to tell users to not upgrade until this can be resolved for now.

Regards
Troy
0 Kudos
DanielConner
Contributor
Contributor

Hello Troy,

I was running on 13.1 beta for weeks without issues with push notification. All issues started after the ' beta'  boxer version pushed out on Tuesday (5.10.1). When I install the previous 5.10.0 (restore from backup) release ENS notifications work correctly.

Running ENS Version 1.4.0.0

0 Kudos
troysp
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Not sure if anyone else has gotten a response but this is the reply I just got from VMware support.

I understand you have a user who is not able to receive push notifications from Boxer who is currently on iOS 13. We are currently aware of this issue since it's affecting users who are on iOS 13. Our iOS Boxer team is working to get this issue resolved promptly.
0 Kudos
JordonC
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I received pretty much the same response.  I hope there is a solution soon.  IOS 13 is now officially hitting users over the air and I've received a few calls already about notifications not working.  Good luck to everyone else having the issue. 
0 Kudos
GrantMcClanahan
Contributor
Contributor

I am glad I found this article, I am seeing the same behavior on iOS with ENS v2
0 Kudos
troysp
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

A KB article was released today for this issue.  Looks like a Boxer and ENS upgrade are in our futures.

https://kb.vmware.com/s/article/74832?lang=en_US
0 Kudos
Boe_K
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Man I really hope they have some way to get Apple to rush this thru the approval process cause dealing with frustrated end users is no fun and I have no way of stopping them from taking the iOS 13 update since we are mainly a BYOD shop
0 Kudos
johnsonjf
Contributor
Contributor

Have we seen any movement on getting a resolution to this problem? This problem is really making our Boxer installed user base upset, it is very frustrating since we cannot do anything but wait for VMware to update ENS and Boxer. We are using ENSv2 1.4 on-premise.
0 Kudos
FHLB
Contributor
Contributor

Just ran into this as well....in the Cloud so i don't have to worry about the ENS update, but just waiting for IOS boxer update.
0 Kudos
DanielConner
Contributor
Contributor

No word yet. Waiting on ENS & Boxer update.
0 Kudos
Boe_K
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Boxer 5.10.3 will resolve the issue and finished beta yesterday so I'm sure they are just waiting for Apple to approve and make it live. If your not part of the beta community you should.
0 Kudos
DanielConner
Contributor
Contributor

FYI: 5.10.3 was released yesterday. Confirmed notifications are working again.
0 Kudos
FHLB
Contributor
Contributor

Anyone still having random notifications issues even after the update. I have users that sometimes get notifications, all the setting are on. When i reinstall boxer it works for a day or so and then stops working. I would think it may be the wifi but this also happens on cell phones just on lte.

Thought this was fixed with the boxer update but it also happens on a device on os 12.4.1

0 Kudos
johnsonjf
Contributor
Contributor

There was some problems yesterday (01 October 2019) around 11AM - 12PM EDT and 9PM - 10PM EDT. We had users who would not get notifications during that time. I checked with support and indeed they were having some problems. They provided this URL to see if the hosted CNS service is operational or not: https://cns.awmdm.com/cns/manage/health
0 Kudos
DanielConner
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you, John J.! Good to know
0 Kudos