VMware Workspace ONE Community
WilliamHansley
Contributor
Contributor

Blocking / allowing Outlook for iOS app based on device enrollment status?

In AW 9.1.1 Mail management list, the Outlook for iOS entry shows as its own entry, separate from the entry for the enrolled device that it's running on (called device ' A'  for this discussion). Device A is enrolled in AW and is compliant, and is approved for native mail access via powershell to O365. Device A also has the ' Outlook for iOS'  app installed on it, but it's not tied to the enrolled device. It's listed as its own, non-enrolled, non-compliant entry in the mail management device list. How can I programmatically approve the Outlook app running on compliant devices and deny it on non-compliant, without having to resort to manual approvals on a device-by-device basis?
Labels (1)
6 Replies
LukeDC
Expert
Expert

It's my understanding that you can't, it is an unmanaged client. You can't take control of the app. You would have to whitelist it manually.
0 Kudos
macvin418
Contributor
Contributor

Is there a way to do an enterprise wipe to remove the outlook app mail from the device?
0 Kudos
GeekAnand
Contributor
Contributor

I am also trying to writre a PowerShell script to allow Outlook device on Airwatch managed device. Have anybody done it successfully?
0 Kudos
carvalhofe
Contributor
Contributor

Hi

Same issue here, and will try same workaround, powershell and API

Any update about this solution?
0 Kudos
mcvosi
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I would love to see Outlook supported as a managed client. VMware, are you listening?
0 Kudos
RyanWampler
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

It's MS doing MS things by not playing nicely with 3rd party MDMs.
0 Kudos