VMware Workspace ONE Community
Paul741
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Best practice to deploy urls/bookmars?

Hi! Given that the android (legacy) profile is not an option so there is no more the ' bookmars'  payload on the profiles...how do I set urls/bookmars on android for work managed devices (with laucher)? I tried to setup via web-links and also with the ' chrome browser settings'  payload with the ' managed bookmarks'  option and actually there are bookmarks deployed in the Chrome browser, but there are some downsides:
- can't get the bookmarks on the Launcher home page (like inside a folder);
- user have to launch Chrome, select bookmarks and then managed bookmarks. Also I can't find options to get rid of the welcome page of Chrome that shows general links and the suggested news aricles...

Any suggestions? Thanks.
Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MRFVMUser
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Apps & Books --> Applications --> Web --> Web Links - is the place where you want to setup Web apps (URLs).  In turn, creating a Web App here will create a corresponding Device Profile to deploy the App.  This is similar to the old way of doing Web Clips or Bookmarks payload.

I have yet to read or figure out getting these Web Links available to the Launcher, so I suspect it is not currently supported.

I am also looking for a way to launch the Chrome browser that has 2 Home pages.  I don't see anyway in "Chrome Browser Settings" payload for Android device profile configuration to set the default Home page settings like you can in a Windows-based Chrome browser.  So, again, i don't think it is supported.  For now, I am also using the Managed Bookmarks approach and don't find it very user delightful.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
MRFVMUser
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Apps & Books --> Applications --> Web --> Web Links - is the place where you want to setup Web apps (URLs).  In turn, creating a Web App here will create a corresponding Device Profile to deploy the App.  This is similar to the old way of doing Web Clips or Bookmarks payload.

I have yet to read or figure out getting these Web Links available to the Launcher, so I suspect it is not currently supported.

I am also looking for a way to launch the Chrome browser that has 2 Home pages.  I don't see anyway in "Chrome Browser Settings" payload for Android device profile configuration to set the default Home page settings like you can in a Windows-based Chrome browser.  So, again, i don't think it is supported.  For now, I am also using the Managed Bookmarks approach and don't find it very user delightful.

0 Kudos